The history of St. Joseph Hill Academy began in March 1919, with the purchase of the fourteen-acre estate of Mr. William Knauth by Reverend Mother M. Kostka Bauer. In May of that year, the Daughters of Divine Charity arrived on Staten Island and in the fall inaugurated tutoring classes for a group of twenty-five children who had come to them during the summer. These classes led to the institution of the Academy.
The official newspaper of SJHA High School.
Produced and written by Hilltoppers, the latest Summit articles are a mouse click away.